7 Tips for avoiding over-indulgence at Holiday parties:
- Spend time making conversations instead of stuffing yourself with foods/drinks.
- Have a 200-350 Kcal snack before you arrive the party (ex. a handful of nuts, a non-fat Greek yogurt with 1 Tbsp of flaxseed/chia seed/fresh chopped berries, a piece of fruit with 1 Tbsp natural Almond Butter).
- Suggest guests to bring a healthy dish along with recipes to share with friends and family.
- Limit alcohol consumption. Choose wine or straight spirits over mixed drinks or beer. Have at least a glass of water in between drinks.
- Eat slowly and enjoy every bite of your meal.
- Stick with the 3 bites rule if you want to have cheat foods (ex. high calorie pie).
- Have fun and dance off the calories with friends and family.
Holiday Food Choices:
- Vegetable or Fresh Fruit Salad with light dressing (ex. Greek yogurt)
- Steamed/Roasted Vegetables
- Mashed sweet potato/pumpkin
- Boiled Fish/Chicken breast/Turkey breast
- Gravy/Cream/Butter sauce
- Baby ribs
- Holiday pies/cakes/bread pudding
- Fried Foods
- Alcoholic beverages