INGREDIENTS- Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup organic spelt flour (I used Arrowhead Mills’s. You may also use other whole grain flour)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp of water (Let sit for 5 minutes before adding to your recipe. You may also use 1 whole egg if you don’t have flaxseed meal)
- 1 cup calcium-fortified almond milk (I used Blue Diamond Almond Cashew Blend)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I used 365 100% Pure Pumpkin)
- ½ tsp almond extract (I used Simply Organic’s. You may also use vanilla extract)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl and stir until well-blended.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat. Oil surface with Coconut oil spray.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter into skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with mixed berries toppings.
INGREDIENTS- Mixed Berries Sauce
- 1 cup organic strawberries
- 1 cup organic wild blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp water
- Simmer all ingredients in a small saucepan over low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir often to keep from burning.