Do you need protein supplement?
Generally speaking, you are likely getting enough protein if you fuel your body with balanced, real, whole foods on a daily basis. It is unnecessary and can be harmful to strain on your kidneys and waistline with excess amounts of protein intake (especially animal protein). While I advocate nourishing your body through whole foods whenever possible, a high-quality protein powder can be a convenient choice under certain circumstances (ex.midnight cravings, pre-workout boosting, quick workout recovery, vegan bodybuilding). However, I’m pretty picky in choosing a high quality plant protein powder. I stay away from artificial sweeteners or coloring, and I favor products with 100% organic, high quality amino acid profile, and added super foods (ex. Probiotics, Digestive enzymes, Goji berries) that are delicious, easy to dissolve and swallow.
I’m really Happy with Epic Protein. This superfood-enriched protein powder has the cleanest ingredients I have seen. It’s nutritious, non-chalky, and delicious. The primary protein sources in Epic are Sprouted Brown Rice, Yellow Pea, and Sacha Inchi. Together, This high quality powder is an excellent choice for muscle growth, energy and endurance boost.
- 100% plant-based, organic, non-gmo, raw, gluten free and hypoallergenic
- high protein content (19-26g per serving)
- Great source of iron
- Rich in antioxidants
- O grams of fat, sugar, sodium
- No additives, “natural” flavoring
- Complete amino acid profile with a balanced ratio of BCAAs for optimal protein synthesis
- Creamy and Delicious
- Sweetened with Stevia leaf
Sprouted Brown Rice-The sprouting and fermenting process activate the enzyme activity between the amino acid bonds (similar to protein hydrolysates), which may increase protein content and aid better absorption, excellent for muscle repair.
Yellow Pea– Hypoallergenic and easy to digest, which is not likely to cause bloating or gas. It is high in BCAAs (branched chain amino acid), great for muscle building.
Sacha Inchi- AKA SaviSeeds- provides 8 grams of complete protein per ounce. This superfood is rich in vitamin E and ALA omega-3 fatty acids, which may promote abdominal fat loss, reduce cholesterol levels, and prevent heart disease.
While EPIC powder is fine enough to dissolve in water and have a full-bodied sweetness flavor by itself, I like to mix it with organic no sugar added coconut water or homemade soy milk. Each flavor supplies all of the essential amino acids and an exotic blend of nutritious superfoods. My favorites are the Original, Green Kingdom, and Chocolate Mocha.
- 26 grams of protein per serving
- Rich in phytochemicals and prebiotics from Jerusalem Artichoke
- Contain antioxidant rich Cranberry Seeds that help fight free radicals
- 20 grams of protein per serving
- Creamy texture, rich real flavor and full-bodied sweetness with no ‘fake’ aftertaste
- Exotic blend of land and sea greens including kale, indian moringa and spirulina
- Spirulina, an antioxidant-rich algae with protein, B-vitamins, calcium, and iron. Packed with Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), which may regulate blood sugar and prevent cravings.
- 19 grams of protein per serving
- Creamy texture, rich sweetness with no ‘fake’ aftertaste.
- Packed with antioxidant-rich cacao and adaptogenic maca root.
- Raw cacao contains living enzymes, rich in magnesium, calcium, and iron
- Contain Ceylon Cinnamon- a natural sweetener and powerful antioxidants that may help regulate blood sugar levels
Epic Protein is the current plant-based protein powder I recommend to my clients and friends. If you would like to learn more their products and give it a try, please visit www.sproutliving.com